I miss

31 Aug

I miss Friday nights.
I miss Pizza Tuesdays.
I miss Saturday mornings in each other’s arms.
I miss drinking cocktails.
I miss falling asleep with our feet touching.
I miss spooning.
I miss his friends.
I miss his family.
I miss our walks in Victoria Park.
I miss Broadway Market for olives and sourdough.
I miss his smell.
I miss kissing.
I miss that damn tattoo.
I miss chicken on toast, with the good mayo.
I miss checking out street art.
I miss listening to him play the ukulele.
I miss playing on the kids’ obstacle course in the park.
I miss brushing our teeth together.
I miss laughing.
I miss my best friend.
I miss everything.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “I miss”

1. iwantmyhusbandback August 31, 2013 at 9:26 am #

I can really relate to your words!! I miss M. I feel like i’ve lost part of myself! A huge part of my identity was being ‘a wife’! Urggg now i’m a soon to be ‘single mum’. Life sucks sometimes! Please keep blogging though, i enjoy your posts xx

• aprileb August 31, 2013 at 9:35 am #

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I can imagine how much harder it is when you’ve been someone’s wife and thought that was forever. One of my friends said to me when all this happened, “Remember you are the same you that you have always been, and every other person who loves you still loves you.” Honestly, at the time it just made me angry that he doesn’t love me because I know I am a good person. But you are still you. And I know there must be lots of people who you have never been a wife to, but to whom you mean so many other things. To me, you are a blog buddy. And right now that means an awful lot. X

• iwantmyhusbandback August 31, 2013 at 9:43 am #

Thank you bog buddy! x
        I find it so much easier to share my feelings and take advice from people who are anonymous to my day to day life! My friends and family tell me ‘you’ll be fine’ and i know i will but, i don’t/can’t share with them how broken and destroyed i really am!!
        I feel like i am constantly working toward ‘working on myself’ but i have a good job, friends, i go out, go to gym ect ect but.. i want my husband back! its that simple!! I am sure in time the anxious heart fluttering sickness feeling i have will pass but its my head i need to control! If i can’t get him out of my head i will never get him out of my heart xx

2. aprileb August 31, 2013 at 10:00 am #

I know what you mean. I don’t want my family and friends to know how much I’m hurting a lot of the time. Have you been able to speak to anyone like a counsellor? I speak to one through my work and that helps. But I also know it’s hard to move on and focus on you when you just want what you had back. I don’t know how you get past that. But I’m sure we will.

3. violetannie63 August 31, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

I think your “I miss” is copied straight from my heart. So many things I miss and will miss. It’s the little things like having someone put toothpaste on your toothbrush so it’s ready when you get there. Leaving notes in your lunch box. Just having someone to come home to. All of it makes me sad and will continue to do so for some time. I hope we all get over this and we probably will…but it’s hard and it hurts. PS If you’re in Vic Park you need to go to Sassy’s and have a cake or a cookie or just a cup of tea in a pretty cup. It doesn’t solve everything but it makes you feel better for a few minutes 🙂

4. aprileb September 1, 2013 at 11:32 am #

That’s what it’s all about, right? Little things that make you feel good for a few minutes. I hope you’re doing OK. x